Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Recent Press and Upcoming Events


 Last month, I was thrilled to receive news of being selected as a finalist in the 2014 NICHE Awards. My mustard-yellow Hand-Knit Shawl design is one of 5 finalists in the Fashion Accessories category, Professional Division. Only 174 entries out of more than 1,000 submissions were named as finalists, so this is quite an honor for me. Highly revered and known as the Oscars of the contemporary fine craft world, the NICHE Awards recognize outstanding achievements of American craft artists in technical excellence (both in surface design and form), distinct quality of unique, original, and creative thought, as well as market viability. As you can imagine, I am over the moon excited to be a Finalist. Winners will be announced in January 2014.

Elena Rosenberg is a 2014 NICHE Awards Finalist

Preparations are in full swing for one of the most important events of the year for me -- CraftBoston Holiday Show, December 6-8, 2013 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston. The line-up of artists and designers at this event is remarkable, and I'm honored to be on the roster. If you are in the Boston area, I hope you will visit the show and explore my latest designs. Find me in booth 225 at the show.

Meet wearable fiber artist and knit designer Elena Rosenberg at CraftBoston Holiday 2013
 

A selection of my designs is part of the holiday show happening now at The Textile Center (A National Center for Fiber Art) in Minneapolis, MN. It was a treat to have The Textile use an image of one of my jewelry designs for the show's announcement. Pictured here is an original crochet bracelet design of mine in red silk. Festive and perfect for the season, isn't it?

Holiday Show 2013 at The Textile Center announcement featuring Elena Rosenberg's fiber jewelry
 
There's a lovely lifestyle and wedding magazine out there called Flutter. Its Fall 2013 issue's theme is Texture, and I'm delighted to see my ivory shawl featured among the Editor's Picks. Love the magazine's tag line -- "Inspiration To Make Your Heart Skip A Beat".

Elena Rosenberg's Rococo Knit Shawl in Flutter Magazine.

Save the date for the 2014 American Craft Council Show in Baltimore, MD! I will be returning to this magnificent show for the 4th time!

Many thanks to everyone who came out to see me at Fall Crafts at Lyndhurst, Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen Fair in Philadelphia, Crafts at Purchase Performing Arts Center, and CraftWestport -- it was wonderful to see many familiar faces and to meet new friends and fans too! Your interest in my designs and your support mean the world, and I am truly grateful. I hope you are all enjoying your Elena Rosenberg originals now -- the season is certainly right for beautiful wraps, shawls, hats, and scarves!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment